Hi! Managed to get half an hour to myself to play. Tried out the distress rub resist technique. Love the result but wasn't too good with the rub on.. Obviously need more practice.
Thursday, 11 August 2016
Thursday, 30 June 2016
July Countryviewcrafts Challenge.
Having won the Blog hop last week(the first thing I have won) I thought I would be daring and have a go at crackling. Quite a daunting experience.! I have also used one of the dies I won ( the teapot) . I have chosen a mixed media project. I gessoed a canvas then used DecoArt paints for the background. The hint of wallpaper in the background (Tim Holtz) stencil and the tablecloth (Wendy Vecchi) were painted with DecoArt paint. The teapot and cup were first painted blue and then sealed with matte multi medium before applying DecoArt white crackle paint. When dry I rubbed in some colour into the cracks just to enhance them. Shadows were created using Faber Castell warm grey111. I used punches to make the flowers and the picture in the frame I painted. On reflection I should have made the background more of a contrast to highlight the crackle but for a first attempt I'm quite pleased. Thank you for the challenge and looking forward to the next one.
Saturday, 25 June 2016
Hi just thought you might like to see my efforts to use a lot of flowers in a project. Had already made the flowers the other week using the Justrite Romantic Wild Roses stamps. Love how they look painted. Made an easel card base using the circle die that I've had for years. Went a bit overboard with the bling but didn't really want to introduce another colour. Am going to enter this into the stencils and stamps challenge Floral frenzy.
Sunday, 15 May 2016
I needed a quick card for this event. My daughter loves butterflies and I really love the Tim Holtz set so problem solved.
I mounted a sheet of red card onto a craft card 8"x8"". I then stencilled the Donna Downey poppy stems onto some spotted paper using Candied Apple distress ink. Next I blended various coloured distress inks onto white card and then cut and embossed the butterflies. The sentiment was stamped in black versa fine ink and then embossed with clear powder. I embellished the flowers and butterflies with black stickles. Et voila! It was finished. Hope you like.
Thursday, 12 May 2016
This is my first blog in a year, having had a very busy time as the Ladies Captain at my local golf club. My love of crafting came in very handy for all the events I had to organise. Having recently had a shoulder operation and being unable to play golf , I have found that I've had far more time to craft. It's been great being able to experiment with my stash using items I'd forgotten I had.
This is the also the first challenge I have taken part in for a long time and whilst I don't often work in pink when crafting I am really pleased with the outcome for the Stamps and Stencils challenge.
The background was "smooched"" using Wendy Vecchi archival pads and surgical spirit. I used one of her stencils at the top and bottom using the rose pinkink.The border top and bottom is a Tim Holtz stamp as is the sentiment. The plant pot is an MDF cut out from my stash which underwent the Wendy Vecchi enamel treatment, again using the rose pink. Although you can't see it in the photo I did stamp some spots on the background in second generation potting shed archival ink. I shall also be entering this in the Countryview crafts stencil challenge.